“Certified Green – The Role and Impacts of Certification in the Green Economy," Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Equiterre cordially invites you to a Rio+20 side event.
Every year, consumers spend billions of dollars on products with environmental and social certifications. What impact do these labels have?
The Committee on Sustainability Assessment (COSA) will unveil the results of six years of research on sustainability initiatives.
The presentation will be followed by an expert panel discussion on how innovative policy makers, foundations and private companies are using certification and other approaches to create a green economy.
The panel discussion will be held in English only.
Food is going to be served at the event.
June 17, 2012, 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Rio Centro Convention Centre, Room T-8
Avenida Salvador Allende 6555
Barra de Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
On the program:
- Sidney Ribaux, Executive Director of Equiterre
- Pierre Arcand, Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks, Quebec
2. Presentation of COSA
- Daniele Giovannucci, CEO, Committee on Sustainability Assessment (COSA)
3. Perspectives from leading experts
- Hans-Peter Egler, Head Trade Promotion, Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO
- Pablo Farias, Vice President, Ford Foundation
- Jason Potts, CEO, Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade
- Sara Scherr, President and CEO, EcoAgriculture Partners
- Karin Kreider, Scaling Up Director, ISEAL
- William Bulmer, International Finance Corporation, Director for Environment, Social, and Governance
You want to know more about our speakers? Read their biographies.
This event is being organized in partnership with the Government of Québec, the Swiss Government, IISD (International Institute for Sustainable Development) and the Committee on Sustainability Assessment (COSA).