Canadian Fairtrade Awards – accepting nominations until June 29
Does your organization sell certified fair trade products? You may be eligible for a new fair trade award.
Fairtrade Canada is launching the Canadian Fairtrade Awards. The goal is to highlight Canadian retailers who have done the most to promote fair trade products to their customers over the past year, especially during Fair Trade Fortnight, Canada's annual celebration of fair trade (May 1-15).
Participate in any one of the following categories:
- grocery or supermarket chain (national-regional)
- independent grocer (small-medium)
- natural and health food store
- specialty store
- independent café, restaurant or food service provider
- chain of cafés, restaurants or food services
- provincial liquor board
- co-op (not limited to retail)
Winners will be chosen in Toronto this September by an independent panel of judges representing a variety of industries and regions. Isabelle St-Germain, deputy executive director of Equiterre, will be on the jury.
The deadline for submissions and nominations is Friday, June 29, 2012.