Freedom of expression in danger
As Bill 78 plunges Quebec into darkness and the Harper government makes a mockery of democracy with Bill C-38, it's time for concerned citizens like you to speak up.
On Monday, June 4, 2012, the nationwide Black Out Speak Out campaign invites you to join the movement to oppose the so-called omnibus budget bill C-38.
The goal? Preserve two fundamental values of our society: the environment and democracy.
There are many ways for you to take part in this campaign:
- Are you in Montreal? Come to the Centre for Sustainable Development (Maison du développement durable), 50 Ste-Catherine St. W., Montreal, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Black out your website or blog
- Wear all black
- Organize a rally in your area and then share photos or videos on the Black Out Speak Out Facebook page
- Use your social media networks to speak out
- Change your Facebook profile
- Sign the petition against C-38
Don't forget to tell your friends, family and colleagues about Black Out Speak Out.
Visit www.blackoutspeakout.ca for more information on this campaign, which is endorsed by the country's major environmental groups, including:
- David Suzuki Foundation
- Earth Day
- Nature Québec