By implementing the "Stratégie nationale d'achat d'aliments québécois: pour une alimentation locale dans les institutions publiques", the Quebec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ) hopes that Quebec institutions will adopt a target for the purchase of Quebec’s food in order to increase their consumption of local food. This strategy is based on six key actions, one of which is the establishment of a partnership with the M361 organization to support primary and secondary schools in carrying out projects that promote the purchase of Quebec foods.
The purpose of this agreement is to offer financial support to Quebec's public elementary and secondary schools to implement structuring initiatives related to the purchase of Quebec food, the promotion of healthy eating and food education. This financial support is offered by M361 in two stages: Impulsion, le parcours d’accélération de 100° and a call for projects.
To carry out this mandate, Équiterre has put its expertise at the service of 100°. Thus, thanks to this partnership, the selected schools can benefit from support and tools for the implementation and outreach of their project.
The schools funded in 2021 have implemented regular healthy snacks, a salad bar service or have improved the school cafeteria menu with a supply of Quebec foods.
Participating schoolsAs of spring 2021, 35 new establishments have received funding across 15 Quebec regions :
- Centre de formation de la côte de Gaspé (Gaspé)
- Centre éducatif l’Abri (Port-Cartier)
- École communautaire l’Eau Vive (Warwick)
- École de la Mosaïque (Jonquière)
- École Gendreau (Coaticook)
- École Guy-Drummond (Montréal)
- Écoles Jean XXIII et Marie-Reine (Sherbrooke)
- École Lévesque (St-Donat)
- École Médéric-Gravel, Pavillon au Millénaire (La Baie)
- École de Mont-Saint-Louis (Rimouski)
- École Mont-Valin (Saint-Fulgence)
- École Notre-Dame (Lévis)
- École Ste-Thérèse-de-l’Enfant-Jésus (St-Jérôme)
- École St-Denis (St-Denis-sur-Richelieu)
- École St-Philippe (Windsor)
- École Sutton (Sutton)
- École Vallée-des-Voyageurs (Quyon)
- Collège des compagnons (Québec/Ste-Foy)
- École Polyvalente Bélanger (St-Martin)
- École Polyvalente des Îles (L’étang-du-Nord)
- École secondaire de la Haute-Ville (Granby)
- École secondaire de l’Escale (Asbestos)
- École secondaire des Rives (Terrebonne)
- École secondaire du Tournesol (Windsor)
- École secondaire Jean-Gauthier (Alma)
- École secondaire l’Escale (Louiseville)
- École secondaire La Passerelle (Montréal)
- École secondaire Leblanc (Laval)
- École secondaire Liberté Jeunesse (Saint-Marthe-sur-le-lac)
- École secondaire Massey Vanier (Cowansville)
- École secondaire Rivière-du-Loup (Rivière-du-Loup)
- École secondaire Saint-Paul (Saint-Paul-de-Montminy)
- École secondaire Vanier (Québec)
- École primaire et secondaire de l’Escabelle (Cap Chat)
- Écoles primaires et secondaires Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption et Sainte-Anne (Daveluyville)
THE Aliments du Québec au Menu Recognition
Aliments du Québec provides support in identifying and quantifying the contribution of Quebec products. In addition, schools that wish to can benefit from the recognition of the Aliments du Québec program on the menu to promote their school's local purchasing efforts.
For more information about Impulsion, le parcours d’accélération de 100° or the call for projects, visit the 100° website.