IS YOUR ESTABLISHMENT LOOKING FOR A NEW AND ORIGINAL WAY TO RAISE FUNDS?
Équiterre encourages schools, childcare centres and community organizations across Quebec to take part in an innovative fundraising campaign that offers a unique opportunity to teach kids and their families about the benefits of eating healthy, local and organic food: selling baskets of organic vegetables produced and delivered by a farm belonging to the Family Farmers Network.
Each basket is sold for $32 and has a value of $25. Online payment is offered to all establishments to facilitate their management of the campaign. This service is offered for a fixed, minimum fee.* For each basket sold, the farm receives $23, the establishment receives either $7 or $5.77 (if it uses the online payment service), and Équiterre receives $2 for the administration of the program.
Baskets are delivered to your establishment on the date you determine with the farmer.
*This fixed fee is established by the banking system (2.9% + C$0.30 per transaction, or $1.22 per basket).
We encourage you to check out the information on how to implement this campaign in your establishment (Step-by-Step Guide and Quick Guide). Feel free to use our video clip and fact sheet to present the project to your establishment’s principal or governing board!
Registration for the 2021 edition of Schools Take Roots
This year’s edition of Schools Take Root is adapting to the COVID-19 context. In the event that vegetable basket deliveries are cancelled for health reasons, we have added a solidarity option, which provides the opportunity to strengthen food security. By simply checking a box in the order form, families will be able to choose to donate their vegetable basket to a local food bank rather than receiving a reimbursement, according to the terms provided.
- Raise funds for your establishment;
- Support local and organic farming;
- Contribute to the health of children and the planet!
- Read the Step-by-Step Guide and the Quick Guide;
- Get the support of your establishment’s administrators and identify a contact person to coordinate the campaign in your establishment;
- Sign your school up for the Schools Take Root fundraising campaign (before the end of June);
- Promote the fundraising campaign to kids and their family at your establishment thanks to the tools provided by Équiterre (September);
- Track the evolution of basket sales thanks to the new order management platform (September or October);
- Coordinate basket delivery to your establishment on the agreed upon date (usually in October or November);
- Help us evaluate the project via an online satisfaction survey, sent to families and the campaign manager (November or December).
To find out more about the Schools Take Root fundraising campaigns carried out by schools, childcare centres and organizations in past years:
- discover the participating farms and establishments in 2020
- discover the participating farms and establishments in 2019
- view the 2018 video
- discover the participating farms and establishments in 2018
- view the 2017 video and read the press release
- discover the participating farms and establishments in 2017