Just a week to go before the climate strike on September 27! This promises to be a massive event, one for the ages. The latest count: 4,800 events in 150 countries during the Global Climate Action Week, which will take place from September 20 to 27. There are even events planned in the Antarctic!
Let’s show up in big numbers to demand a response to the climate crisis from our governments and keep up the pressure.
Find an event near you for September 27
Whether it’s alongside Greta Thunberg in Montreal or at one of the many local demonstrations, come walk with us and raise your voice for the climate emergency!
- For a list of events in Quebec or on Facebook
- Key events in Canada and around the world
There’s still time to convince businesses near you to close their doors for the climate on September 27. It’s all explained here (in French).
The Super Demonstrator Kit
- Need some inspiration for your signs and banners? Check out examples here or here from previous climate protests.
- Check out the Climate Strike Arts Kit for everything from banner-making tips to song and music ideas. Use recycled material and let your creativity run wild!
- Tip: A hockey stick or tennis racket can hold a poster.
- Also remember to bring whistles, tambourines, spoons, flutes, trumpets, rattles, Mason jars for maracas, or any other traditional or DIY musical instrument to make yourself heard and set the rhythm :)
- Our common symbol is to pin a green circle to your clothes.
- Fun idea: You could organize a get-together before the event to create signs or musical instruments with your friends, colleagues or family. Ask the kids to take part, they have great ideas!
March with Équiterre!
The Équiterre team will be out on strike on the 27th (yeah!). Join us:
- In Montreal, at 11:30 am at the corner of Parc and Duluth. The Place de la Paix will be accessible to paratransit to access the walk. For the return trip, the Square-Victoria metro intersection is the proposed meeting point that will be accessible to vehicles. The next metro station, Place d'Armes, has elevators. It is difficult to predict the end time of the march, which depends on the number of demonstrators, but is scheduled for about 5:30 or 6:00 pm.. Psst, bixis will be free on the 27th!
- In Quebec City, at 11:30 am at the roundabout in front of the Musée des Beaux-Arts du Québec or at 12:30 pm at the Tourny Fountain in front of the National Assembly.
Look for our orange banner and come introduce yourself!
You can’t make it?
If you can’t join one of the marches, Oxfam-Québec and the trade union coalition La Planète s'invite au travail are inviting you to stand up for the planet (#DeboutPourLaPlanète) on September 27, be it at school or in your workplace, to show your commitment to climate justice. More info here:
Use the keywords #27septembre, #DeboutPourLaPlanete, #ClimateStrike #FridaysForFuture to follow the movement and to share your photos and videos!