A LEG UP FOR TOMORROW’S ENVIRONMENTALISTS
Équiterre and the Caisse d'économie solidaire Desjardins are proud to present the 11th Laure Waridel Bursary intended for MA or PhD students.
Created in 2008, this bursary valued at $10,000 serves to encourage the dissemination of research in Équiterre's main areas of activity and recognize the exceptional contribution of Laure Waridel, co-founder of Équiterre in 1993, to the advancement of environmental and social issues.
The fund helps students disseminate the results of their environmental and social science research, and to inspire their compatriots to take action. Équiterre supports action research projects and provides valuable visibility on its various platforms and among its different audiences and partners.
WHAT IS ACTION RESEARCH?
Action research encompasses projects that combine theory and practice to respond to issues and develop solutions. The idea is to apply an approach that involves the public affected by the research, leading to sustainable change.
NEW TOPICS ACCEPTED THIS YEAR
In addition to the usual accepted research topics (see below), the Bursary will this year extend to the fields of environmental education (EE) and communications to raise awareness of environmental issues.
The following research topics are accepted by the selection committee (*other subjects may be accepted):
- Sustainable eating
- Eco-friendly transport
- Reduction of pesticides and toxic products
- Responsible consumption
- Transition to renewable energy
- Solutions/adaptation to climate change
- Awareness and education relating to the environment
* Please note that all research projects consistent with the objectives of the Équiterre Strategic Plan 2017-2020 (pp.10 to 18) are also eligible.
ARE YOU READY TO CHANGE THE WORLD?
The registration period begins on October 31, 2018, and ends on January 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Please see the eligibility conditions (in French only) to submit your application.
THE PREVIOUS LAURE WARIDEL BURSARY WINNERS
View the winners’ profiles in the winners of the Laure Waridel Bursary section to learn about the inspiring research projects disseminated through the Laure Waridel Bursary in the last ten years.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- Describe your action research project in the application form (in French only)
before January 4, 2019.
- For item #3 of the form, upload your resume (maximum 2 pages), and attach a letter from a professor or mentor who agrees to support you in your project (maximum 1 page) as well as your latest academic transcript.
For more information on the Laure Waridel Bursary, contact Camille Gagné-Raynauld (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Good luck to all!