Environmentalists don't have an image problem in Quebec, according to the television show Les Verts contre-attaquent, which will be releasing the full results of its new Leger survey on the topic tonight at 7:30 on Télé-Québec.
The online survey asked one thousand respondents whether or not they agreed with such statements as:
- Environmentalists are too moralistic.
- Environmentalists are too alarmist.
- Environmentalists have their heads in the clouds.
- Eighty-nine percent of respondents indicated that they are not tired of hearing about the environment.
- Ninety-three percent of respondents indicated that they were not less interested in the environment than they had been before.
- The respondents with the most positive perception of environmentalists were 18-to-24-year-olds (88%), women (88%) and residents of greater Montreal and its North and South shores (86%).
Equiterre, the David Suzuki Foundation, and WWF Canada are pleased to see that the public has not succumbed to eco-fatique or to a negative view of environmentalists.
At Equiterre, we thank you for your support, and look forward to working with you for another twenty years!