Équiterre and its partners are offering you a unique opportunity to approach the topic of transportation electrification in your school!
BECOME QUÉBEC’s MOST CONNECTED SCHOOL!
A CONTEST, NEW TEACHING TOOLS, AND ELECTRIFYING PRIZES
Six schools will win a Connected Package including:
- A lecture on sustainable mobility
- Creation of a large in-school mural by a professional artist
- An introductory event and fun fair on the topic of electrification
- A tour of a flagship company in this sector (secondary school level only)
New interactive teaching tools will be made available to all, free of charge!
The Monique-Fitz-Back Foundation is developing fun, original teaching materials about transportation electrification and sustainable mobility that will be in line with the Ministry of Education’s syllabus. A booklet depicting the electrification industry and its employment prospects will also be available to curious secondary school students wishing to know more about this booming sector. Materials will be available online in late October.
A chance for competing schools to win participation prizes!
Each registered school will have a chance to win an electric bicycle equipped with a charging station for electronic devices. The bicycle will have a stand and it can be parked in the school gymnasium or elsewhere. Your students will line up to pedal!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Quebec elementary and secondary schools located within a 250-km radius of Montreal.
- A targeted class or group of students, plus a person in charge (e.g.: visual arts class + teacher, environment committee members + responsible person, a regular class + main teacher).
- No more than one entry per school.
- Schools must be located within a 250-km radius of Montreal.
- Must have a large, smooth interior wall: 2 to 10 ft high, with 10 ft. of clearance (space for projectors).
- Must supply the following materials: a tarp to protect the floor, 15 rags, 30 20x20 cm cardboard pieces, functional acetate projectors, and must purchase and apply coat of primer.
- Must complete the registration form below, including the questions for the selection jury.
For technical reasons, please note that the mural must be created indoors, away from staircases or walls with a sink or any other water fixture. Examples of appropriate locations include: a gymnasium, a cafeteria, a student life facility, a classroom, or a lobby.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
December 4, 2017
Closing date for entries
December 6, 2017
Six winning schools announced
Planned activities carried out (murals, conferences, etc.)